Retractable Clothes Line? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-30-2009, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have a good suggestion for some sort of retractable clothes line? We actually have a backyard now and I'd like to just line dry our clothes... no reason not to, it's 80+ and dry heat 5-6 mo/year! I just don't have any space in the yard that can be strictly dedicated to a clothes line, so it has to be something that retracts and/or can be taken down/set up easily. TIA!

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

#2 of 8 Old 07-01-2009, 11:29 AM

I'd love to hear about this, too... I need one for indoors! I can only dry clothes outside for a few months out of the year, and I am so sick of having wet clothing draped over my furniture all winter. A retracable clothesline would be so cool!

love.gif

#3 of 8 Old 07-01-2009, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have two of these from Lowe's: http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=159213-11112-R-400L&lpage=none&cm_mmc=search_yssp-_-Unassigned-_-060209-_-Real%20Organized%2040'%20Retractable%20Clothes%20L ine
One I've had for 7 years (bought it for diaper drying,) and the other I bought last summer. They work great!

And here are pictures of mine in action. I have them on my deck. http://www.flickr.com/photos/1043207...7620859366921/

Nichole
wife to Sasha, mom to Marlena, nursed for 3.5 years, aunt to 3 adorable nephews
#4 of 8 Old 07-01-2009, 01:52 PM

I have two of those as well. Love them. I bought mine at Home Depot for pretty cheap. $15-$20 I think.

Here is a picture of them in use on my blog:
http://simply-lally.blogspot.com/200...g-is-here.html

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#5 of 8 Old 07-03-2009, 10:02 PM

DH put up a dog run for a clothes line and it works great! I can get it really tight, it's easy to retract, and it can hold 2 large area rugs without really sagging. He bought the kit from Hope Depot for around $20.

We are a family of Jesus loving urban-nesters living the granola life in a not-so-crunchy city.  Our kids (DS 8, DS 7, DD 4) are home birthed and educated, and we just found out that a new Little will be added to our roost mid-April '14!

#6 of 8 Old 07-04-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truelife View Post
DH put up a dog run for a clothes line and it works great! I can get it really tight, it's easy to retract, and it can hold 2 large area rugs without really sagging. He bought the kit from Hope Depot for around $20.
Do you have any pics? Also, any links on what he bought/how-to's?

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#7 of 8 Old 07-04-2009, 10:46 PM

We use three of the retractable ones from Lowes. You can also get them for about $10 from Amazon.

Happy wife to DH superhero.gifand mama to DS signcirc1.gif11/05 and DD energy.gif8/07.
#8 of 8 Old 07-05-2009, 12:17 PM

I've got two retractable clothes lines. One in the backyard itself and one that spans the deck off the back of the house. I love the one on the deck, I don't get damp feet if it's still dewy out, I can hang with some snow on the ground, etc. Definately worth it!

JoAnn Married almost 12 years to DH Chris.  DS1 01/05 DS2 09/09 DS3 05/12.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page