dryer sheet residue - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-17-2009, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We recently moved to an apartment with a shared laundry machine. I have been very anti-dryer sheets for some time and didn't use them at all when we had our own dryer. In our new place, though, the built-up residue from others using dryer sheets is so bad that whenever I dry my clothes in the dryer, I can feel that thick dryer sheet feel. : It has gotten to where now I often air dry my clothes. I have a toddler, though, and a new baby on the way in a few months, so continuing to air dry is not practical for me. I really worry about the chemicals from it touching the clothes of my upcoming newborn as well.

Is there anyway to get rid of the dryer sheet residue build-up in there now? Is there anyway to prevent it in the future since we have to continue sharing the machine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-17-2009, 03:39 AM

With shared dryers ... I'm sorry to say, the answer is pretty much no. If it was just a dryer that you were using, and no one else, the residue would disappear eventually - over time.

But, since other people use it and consistently put dryer sheets in there, you're out of luck. Sorry. I hate the dryer sheet residue as well, and never use dryer sheets. But, when I went to a laundromat, I just had to deal with it.

First special delivery - April 2010 :
#3 of 3 Old 08-17-2009, 11:37 AM

You can try cleaning the drum, before you put in your clothes, but even if you clean the drum there still will be reside in the hoses, vents, etc.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page