A type of paint for this project, is there such thing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-14-2009, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a large ceiling fan that is wood with gold metal. I would like the gold to be silver to match everything else in the kitchen. Of course I could spend money(but don't want to!) and replace it with a new model but thought maybe I could use a specific type of paint, and just paint over the gold making it silver. Is there a type of paint to do this??
TIA!

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2009, 02:33 PM

all you need is some rust-o-leum spray paint. it's made for metal. we've done this several times with no issues whatsoever......we've painted everything from ceiling fans to our metal heating/air grates, and have used every color from white to an oil-rubbed bronze. they all look fantastic and have held up wonderfully! just do several thin coats rather than fewer thick coats so that it dries evenly and without any drips. we find a large selection of this at lowes.

super cheap too!

: : vicki ~ wife & mom of 2 amazing kids
live well ~ laugh often ~ love much
Old 09-15-2009, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Sweet!
Thanks for the info!

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
Old 10-15-2009, 10:50 PM

I agree with the pp.....but I used Krylon brand (sp?) I did a cast iron wood cook stove that used to have nickeled pieces, the nickel wore away years ago and I used the shiny color that looks like chrome. When I sold the stove I had to tell the guy like 6 times that I didn't actually have it chromed, that it was spray paint. He refused to believe me. Usually I wouldn't go for a cheap product meant to look like something it's not but this time I am 100% for it.

Sara

User Tag List