green bathroom cleaning - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-20-2009, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Would anybody mind sharing their bathroom cleaning routine? I don't have a good system and I can't seem to get it really clean without chemicals. In particular the grout around the bathtub isn't getting clean. There is nasty black stuff in all the little nicks in the soft grout and the hard grout just requires too much scrubbing for the amount of time I have. Suggestions?

ETA: Also, how do you keep the shower curtain clean?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2009, 08:14 PM

Well, my shower curtain, I spray down with vinegar solution, scrub lightly and rinse. Works pretty well.

Grout can be tricky. The best thing we had done was having it regrouted and resealed recently around the tub - it's stayed clean a lot better since. So personally, I think replacing the grout will really give you an edge if you've been having a lot of problems and/or resealing it.
I use a soft-scrub cleaner by ecover for our tub and grout (mainly cause it was recoated by previous owners and using baking soda will scratch the recoating material). Grout brushes I've found the most helpful, no matter what you use. Wiping the grout down regularly after showers also helps a lot (though may be impossible to implement, depending on your household.)
Old 09-23-2009, 05:46 AM

The curtain goes in the kids' bathroom goes in the wash. We have glass doors and those get squeegeed (???) after each use. I use v on them when needed.

As for cleaner's, I use v & bs, a pumice stone, rags, a toothbrush and Method's tile & tub cleaner (sparingly).

Sgt. Renninger, Ofc. Owens, Ofc. Griswold, Ofc. Richards, Deputy Mundell
Gone but not fogotten.

User Tag List