Mothering Forum banner

WWYD? Rain boots

818 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  rsps 
#1 ·
I'm not sure where to post this. I guess this forum is alright...right?

I have been looking for rainboots for me for a while. They are so expensive. Or, they aren't that expensive but they aren't my size. I have small feet and mostly wear a size 5. I can fit into girls' 3 or 4, but the rain boots for kids don't come up high enough for me. I found some at Target in a size 6 and bought them. They were 25 bucks, which is still high for me. they are, of course, big. I haven't taken the tags off. I figured I could wear two pair of socks, but they still have rooms. Any ideas? Inserts? Should I take them back?

#3 ·
If $25 is high for you, then you should at least have boots that fit when shelling out that kind of money. Is there any way you can call nearby Target stores to see if they have the right size for you and do a size exchange?

Or maybe you can find a less inexpensive pair on ebay and with shipping included pay up to a total of $25 for ones that fit.

#6 ·
i would also take them back.

put the $25 aside. over the next months, squirrel whatever money you can into a fund.

buy Hunter rain/work boots. they will last your lifetime. they will. here in NZ, people wear them on the farm and *never* replace them. the *swear* by hunter boots. they wear them for every hearty farm work you can imagine in the beautiful rainy shores of NZ.

so, save up, save up $115 and buy *hunter* rain boots. you will have them forever. then, it's an investment. you need them, you need them to be quality. replacing rain boots sucks.

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer'sWife View Post
Try looking at a farm store. I bought plain colored kids rubber boots at our local farm supply store and they go almost up to my knee. I paid like $8 on sale, but I think the regular price wasn't more than $12.
Yes to this- or if you want them a little insulated LaCrosse makes a killer boot- mine are awesome. Although they were more than $25.

#9 ·
I just ordered rain boots on clearance form Land's End kids section. They fit me well and come up pretty high. If you get on their email list they will send you free shipping cupouns, and if you end up not liking them you can return them to your local Sears store.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.