Shark Steamer...a good buy? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-24-2010, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I woke to an infomercial of the shark steamer...it has wands and wedges..
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with one..I love the idea of cleaning without any chemicals at all. It seems quick, and good for lots of things. Apparently on fixya.com people have had problems with it clogging with calcium deposits, but this can be prevented by using distilled water...like an iron.

I was hoping someone had one, or had tried one...

Thanks, Kaara

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=802589268Blissed out Mama of 4 Peace.gif
#2 of 6 Old 02-24-2010, 09:17 AM

One of the best buys in my opinion. Can't wait until I get the hand one. It can get hard to push because essentially you're pushing a towel but I'm also a wimp. Works really well though. I've never had it clog. It does say do not add anything BUT water to it. I have sprayed the floors with a cleaner before and still no problems.
#3 of 6 Old 02-24-2010, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirlie View Post
One of the best buys in my opinion. Can't wait until I get the hand one. It can get hard to push because essentially you're pushing a towel but I'm also a wimp. Works really well though. I've never had it clog. It does say do not add anything BUT water to it. I have sprayed the floors with a cleaner before and still no problems.
So you have the steamer mop? I also covet this Does it clean a lot of floor before the pad gets too dirty? There are six of us in the house, and things can get pretty messy quickly. I'd hate to have to quit half way through the job and need to wash the pad, ya know?

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=802589268Blissed out Mama of 4 Peace.gif
#4 of 6 Old 02-24-2010, 06:43 PM

My thread from last week:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1195575

Totally getting one as soon as I can find a coupon. The good one linked in my first post. With the carpet steamer. I was just back at BJ's today, but the one they have doesn't have all the cool attachments, it's just the basic model for $69. If I'm already spending this much, I might as well spend the extra couple of bucks to get the good one.
#5 of 6 Old 02-25-2010, 12:55 PM

I have this mop and love it! We don't have any carpet in our home, just all hardwood or laminate floors. I've had this mop for about a year and it works really well, even my 9 year old son likes to use it and can do so easily. I liked the mop so much that I bought the Shark brand iron when I needed to replace my Rowenta... Great quality and half the price.

Salihah סליחה صالحه Mama to four boys, another due Dec 4th.
#6 of 6 Old 02-25-2010, 03:47 PM

Yes yes yes!!!

dh got me one for our anniversary a few weeks back and I absolutely LOVE IT! Nothing but water and in 30 minutes I can get all the floors in my entire house completely clean!

You can see that they are clean because you clean with the one side then go back with the other side. It does wonders in the bathroom for built up soap scum, tough spills in the kitchen (or sticky kiddo spots), and you can really see that the floors are clean.

We got ours with tax for 109 at Kohl's. Before I steam mop well I let the Roomba that I bought dh for our anniversary run throughout the house for awhile then get up off my rump and mop the floors.

Proud Momma of 2 boys R(6) L(4) & finally a GIRL (5/29/10)
..Fused & Fabulous!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page