What is your housework/chores schedule like? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-29-2010, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have a housework/chores schedule, or just a rough one you try to keep to? I'd like to know yours as I think it might help me plan one for myself.

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

#2 of 8 Old 03-29-2010, 11:54 AM

subbing

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=802589268Blissed out Mama of 4 Peace.gif
#3 of 8 Old 03-29-2010, 12:09 PM

Monday : Laundry/Mending/Finances
Tuesday : Groceries/Water Plants
Wednesday : Laundry/Floors
Thursday : Cleaning/1 Bathroom
Friday : Bigger Projects
I am not a clean fanatic...this is just enough to make it sorta presentable most of the time. The kitchen gets cleaned up at each meal usually, or at least once a day.
#4 of 8 Old 03-30-2010, 01:35 PM

I keep trying to stick to a routine/schedule for housekeeping but we're so rarely home that it doesn't work. At least until now. One of my kids is driving, so many of the errands and driving them to college classes is off my shoulders. When she is out with my van I am forced to be at home. It's only been a few weeks so I haven't figured it all out yet, but life feels a *little* simpler and I am able to focus more on the younger kids and the house a *little* more. Would love to see what others' schedules are.

Homeschooling mom to four kids, ages 18, 18, 10, and 6. 

#5 of 8 Old 03-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Banned

i have three chores (we have a small house):

1. bathroom (mondays);
2. dust/sweep (wednesdays);
3. kitchen (fridays).

laundry is done as needed, bed made each day, place picked up in 10-15 minutes each day. those are just the deep cleaning chores that i do each week.

we do groceries about 3 x a week right now, and are trying to figure out how to do that efficiently (it's not very efficient right now. we don't mind going three times, but we run out of stuff in an odd fashion). usually, DH takes DS to do the grocery shopping.

i do some outdoor cleaning/chores about once a week, but it varies on the day. sweep the steps, wash the door and siding, etc. i'm starting to repair the garden soon, so i'm working on getting that into the schedule.
#6 of 8 Old 03-30-2010, 07:56 PM

I bought and downloaded the motivated moms planner. I don't follow it to a T, but it works for us, and the kids can easily see what needs to be done and when. Not that they pay ANY attention to it!
#7 of 8 Old 03-30-2010, 10:43 PM

My kids are in school all day now. It looked different when they were younger, but each season now, it seems like what works for me changes.

Monday: clean the house: (everyone is gone, off to school and work.) vacuum and clean living room, kitchen, bathroom. Wash towels.

Tuesday: finish all the cleaning I didn't do on Monday: vaccuum kids bedrooms, my bedroom, the basement.

Wednesday: Wash the kids clothes.

Thursday: Do paperwork (my dh has his own business, this now takes most of the day.) finish whatever laundry isn't done from Wednesday.

Friday: Wash dh's and my clothes, dh's work clothes. Vaccuum the kitchen again.

Weekends: Only do what is necessary. (I deserve some time off, too!) finish up whatever laundry wasn't done on Friday.

Sheets are done on either Tuesdays or Thursdays, if/when I feel like it. Grocery shopping is done as needed~every 10-14 days or so. I need to cut coupons and make a good list before I go. In the summer, laundry is done as needed and according to the weather, as I hang the clothes out when I can, I aim for 100% laundry hanging May-September.
#8 of 8 Old 03-30-2010, 11:40 PM

I have a multi-faceted approach.

Daily - dishes, one load of laundry (washed, dried, folded/hung, and put away), pick up after ourselves, one of us usually scoops the kitty's box, run the Roomba in a different area downstairs, etc.

Weekly:
Mon - Spend an hour on the house in addition to the above.
Tues - Spend an hour on finances and paperwork. Make any related phone calls, which is beyond the one hour.
Wed - Spend half the day working on a project of some kind (the types of projects run a WIDE gamut....house-related, volunteer-related, craft-related, family-related, etc...). Sometimes the project is ALL DAY.
Thurs - DD's early day from school, so we spend those extra hours doing special things together (this also runs a WIDE gamut...cooking/baking together, manicures/pedicures, playdates, shopping/fun errands, child-focused project, etc...).
Fri - I make it a point to spend at least some time with at least one friend, preferably in person, but if the phone is all that is going to happen, then it is a close friend and a long conversation. Usually, though, it is something fun with local friends (free or very cheap).

Weekends - We tend to stay home on Saturdays or stick close to home and spend it together as a family, unless we have other social events. We tend to do family-friendly activities on Sunday out and about. We just maintain the house mostly, but sometimes will take on house projects that counteract that greatly!

Monthly - I use my "tasks" list in my email program (Entourage for Macs; similar to Outlook) extensively. I get things done solely because I took the time to enter it once and set up a recurring "task" that pops up as often as I want it to...

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page