Kid climbs into carseat. HOW do you keep car from being filthy? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-29-2010, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Especially in the winter. OK, so my kid walks out the door and onto the shoveled and salted and sanded pathway (which also still inevitably has some snow on it), we open the door, kid gets in and stands on the back seat to get in the car seat.

Is there something unusual about what I just described? Do most kids not stand on the back seat to get into the car seat? Are most kids really that much taller and stronger than mine to leap from the backseat FLOOR right into the car seat?

Or do you wipe and vacuum the car every day?

I'm not a car neat freak at all, but I can't be the only one that is not going to extremes... is it just part of having a kid that your back seat is filthy from their boots/shoes?
#2 of 7 Old 04-29-2010, 02:57 PM

I've tried tucking a towel in so that it stays on but it always comes off. I have no clue and have given up.

Looking forward to hearing the suggestions!
#3 of 7 Old 04-29-2010, 05:15 PM
mlh

Our car is also a mess...they walk all over the front seats and back seats, not to mention trash and crumbs all over the place. We just clean the car about once a month (or really once every 2 months, but we try). Our cars are old, so I just try not to worry about it...just a part of having kids!

: Hip Mountain Mama Natural and unique products from a small family business:Blog
Mama to Magnolia and Sienna Raynebow
#4 of 7 Old 04-29-2010, 05:58 PM

My car is just a mess. We live on dirt road and as of this moment have zero concrete around our house (though we're getting side walks put in, we'll still have dirt/gravel where the car actually is...). My car is a mess... I don't think theres any way to really prevent it, bar making your kid remove their shoes as soon as they sit down in the car... and that just sounds like a serious pita to me.
#5 of 7 Old 04-29-2010, 06:19 PM

My older (walking) kids climb in the van, kick off their boots, and climb in their seats. It adds like 2 seconds to the process

CPST & mom

#6 of 7 Old 04-29-2010, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

I'm happy I got what I wanted.

I'm happy just knowing we're not the only ones.

Off to live the rest of my life...
#7 of 7 Old 05-02-2010, 12:29 PM

we've always had a full size bath towel underneath the car seats, so it hangs down over the front of the seat where they would step. It works. The seats in the van still look good. My dd just started sitting in the big seat and it looks great. You have to shake out the towel on a regular basis to get rid of crumbs, but it keeps the seats clean. Thank God for an organized dh.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page