Mothering Forum banner

I need serious help with stain removal

696 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MtBikeLover 
#1 ·
My 6 mo old is very difficult to feed. Among other charming habits
he loves to rip his bibs off and stuff them in his mouth. My husband and I have given up with bibs - even receiving blankets tied around his neck are useless - and have just been feeding him bibless. Unfortunately, we were shortsighted (read: stupid, or perhaps just ridiculously sleep deprived...) and left his onesies on while feeding him instead of just feeding him naked.

Now ALL his beautiful onesies are covered in horrible oxidized dried-on applesauce and sweet potato stains. (Seriously, some of them look like he dumped a jar of applesauce on himself.) They've already been washed and dried (wishful thinking?) and nothing came out. I was hoping to use them for the baby-on-the-way, since they're otherwise all in perfect condition.

How do I get them stain-free?

Please help! Thanks!

I should add: we don't have a lot of laundry options as we live in an apartment building and my husband takes our clothing to the laundromat. And yes, he did dry the stained clothes in the dryer...

See less See more
#3 ·
Get some OxiClean! I had some old clothes that I wanted to sell and had stains. I soaked them for 5-7 days in OxiClean and most of the stains came out. I fill up a bucket with very hot water and add about a cup and a half of the oxiclean. Mix it all around and let clothes soak for about a week. Then wash clothes as you normally would.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.