Lysol wipe alternative? Anyone make their own premoistened towels for cleaning? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-25-2010, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've heard about cutting a roll of paper towels and pouring cleaning solution on top, but does anyone do this with normal rags? I want to give it a try but just worry about bacteria growing. Maybe storing in the fridge would be good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2010, 10:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just keep a couple of spray bottle throughout the house (kitchen,bathroom,laundry) with a mix of TTO and water and vinegar/water. Give a good spritz and dry off with our repurposed old cloth diapers or wash cloths.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did this - I got a couple of tupperwares and cut up some old shirts. I soaked them in a mix of vinegar, water, and a tiny bit of dish soap until they were saturated with a little liquid still on the bottom of the tupperware, and then kept them in the bathrooms.

HTH

I got fed up with refilling them though I now also use a spray bottle and keep a pile of rags next to it!

Single Mom with a BF  stillheart.gif  Mommy to 2 girlsphotosmile2.gif blahblah.gif & 2 boys jog.gifsuperhero.gif nocirc.gif

wash.gif banghead.gif Using the Law of Attraction candle.gif om.gif Loving my Family  cat.gif 

User Tag List