heating radiators - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-13-2010, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
help me find links to good heating radiators for the house. I am kind of confused as to what I am looking for which is why I am having a hard time finding the right term to look up online. I will explain what I am looking for- I have a big house and the heating system is an oil furnace in the basement which connects to base board heaters- something about heating up water and putting it through the pipes? Anyway- I am having a real heating guy eventually come out to help me basically upgrade my system but I am trying to think it through now.
It is that there are not enough base boards from which the heat comes out to make the house warm enough, so I want to add more of those. But then also, in a few places I want to add - I think radiators- this is where I need help figuring out what I need. I want some really warm way for heat to come out- more so than the base boards- so that there is a good concentration of heat coming out in a few places. and to be hooked into the already existing system. So is this a radiator? Do people still use radiators? Or is there something else? And I would like it to look nice too. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2010, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have hot water heat in our house too and mostly have those baseboard radiators. We find that in our house the big old cast iron radiators work a lot better at heating the room and personally we like the looks of them better. We are working on replacing the baseboard ones with the big ones one at a time. We have found them on craigslist for next to nothing (you just have to be able to move them and we have someone else install them).

If you add more baseboard ones will you have anywhere to put furniture? If we put anything in front of ours, we might as well not have them there at all.

Amy, wife of Ben and mommy of Paul (4/9/07), (7/09) and Charlie (5/13/10)

User Tag List