Beginning our journey of clearing out the air.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-14-2010, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Our whole family has been coughing for about 2 months now.  This is not really like us!  I'm starting to think we have something going on in the house like mold or something.  So, I'm at the beginning of what I think will be a bit of a process to weed out what could be the culprit.  I'd appreciate any advice on what to look for that could be causing this and things we can do to "clean up" the house.  We had an issue this summer with our air conditioner leaking on the carpet.  We had professional cleaners come in and clean it.  We also have a mold issue in our bathroom which we are trying to address with the least amount of chemicals possible.  I was just reading that I should vacuum out my heating vents.  What else?  I saw the post about air purifiers and I'm not quite ready to go there yet but will keep it in mind for later.  I try to do most of my cleaning with baking soda and vinegar but my hubby is quick to whip out chemicals when he has a big job.  Are we just getting really sensitive to these chemicals (some that we have used recently but only a handful of times are simple green, goo goo and I put a bleach tablet in the toilet)?  It seems overwhelming to try to figure it out!  And it could be outdoor allergies or just a season of lots of colds!  Anyways, thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated and I'm going to keep looking through past posts for ideas.

Sarah

Sarah, SAHM to dd C (8-9-07) and C (5-27-10), happily married to DH for 10 years

#2 of 2 Old 11-14-2010, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

"greening your cleaning" is a great place to start.  i also like to burn pure beeswax candles to clean the air.

Bring back the old MDC

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page