Alternate Cushion Stuffing - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-18-2010, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would like to replace my sofa back cushion filling which is currently made of feathers/down and I think contributing to my allergies.  Bamboo looks like a good alternative since it's also machine washable but I am having trouble finding it in bulk and also estimating how much I need.  I found Ingeo/corn filling at Joann but am not sure how eco-friendly it is.  I've tried wool pillows in the past but it gets compressed.  Any help would be appreciated :)

#2 of 4 Old 11-20-2010, 04:27 PM

try www.whitelotus.com

they have bulk organic stuffing for super cheap. i bought 25 lbs of organic cotton stuffing for $25, shipped. great service too.

chicken3.gif    happy homesteading-homebirthing-homeschooling-student midwife-mama to a small handful of little ones and joyful wife to my artist man.

#3 of 4 Old 11-23-2010, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyme Mama View Post

try www.whitelotus.com

they have bulk organic stuffing for super cheap. i bought 25 lbs of organic cotton stuffing for $25, shipped. great service too.

#4 of 4 Old 12-02-2010, 04:44 PM

Shredded natural latex would be the least compressable, I think.  Kapok may be another option - feels more like down.

I really have no idea who would let you buy just filling - most of the organic bed places have pillows with some sort of alternate fillings - since so many of those places make their own stuff, maybe you could get them to make pillow inserts to size?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page