anyone painted their tile floor? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 02-02-2011, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have white tile in the kitchen! Looks terrific and bright when spotless. The problem is, it can't stay spotless for longer than 15 min. When we first moved in, I mopped it 3 times a day. But I'm a naturally relaxed housekeeper, so this constant mopping is not a good fit for me lol.gif. The floor starts looking awful within literally half an hour. In our various other kitchens we either had darker tile, or spotted linoleum, and the floors maintained their decorum for a week or so, with just sweeping or light mopping.

It seems that it is possible to paint a tile floor, and there are 'how tos' on line. But has anyone actually done it? Or seen a painted tile floor? Are you happy with the results?

Our kitchen is quite larte (eat in kitchen). I'm thinking to paint is a fun bright color. But would it mask as well as gray/ brown spotted? But on the other hand I really don't want to paint the floor with grain / brown, bleh!

Any feedback appreciated! I'm off to mop the floor again. Be back later.

My kids are 8, 5 and 2!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page