Post to win a year long Supporter Membership! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-25-2011, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)

Come post in this thread on green baby/kid gear to win a year long Supporter Membership on MDC!

One post will be chosen at random (using random.org) to win a year long Supporter Membership.  This will be open for 24 hours and winner will be announced on this thread and on the entry thread. One post per person please. 

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#2 of 2 Old 03-26-2011, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)

Thanks everyone for participating!!!

According to random.org, our winning number is post #13 on this thread: http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1305016/what-s-your-favorite-green-baby-kid-product

Screen shot 2011-03-26 at 12.23.03 PM.png

Congratulations, SheBear!!! You won a year long Supporter Membership with this post: 

Quote:
Cloth diapers. I used prefolds with my firstborn, and once he started solid foods, I didn't exactly love it, but was determined to continue to reap the financial, health, and environmental rewards.

Then when my second child was a couple months old (and wearing the same diapers her older brother had used), a friend gave me 18 Motherease one-size diapers. She had received them from a friend who used them with her only child, then my friend used them with her two girls before passing them along to me. I used them with my daughter.

And with her 3 younger siblings.

By that time, they were wearing a bit thin, and weren't really absorbent enough for my growing boy. But they were still in great shape.....so I bought new diapers and passed the MEOS' on to my friend, to use with her newborn who didn't need much absorbency. Now she has bought new doublers for them and is still using them! And I made her promise that she'll give give 'em back to me if I ever have another newborn!

This stack of diapers has a history--almost a legacy! They have helped 4 mothers diaper 8 babies from birth to toddlerhood, and still going strong! How much money--how much square footage in the landfill--have we saved? I'm sure a calculation could be done, but for me the answer is simple & doesn't require a calculator: priceless! smile.gif

orngbiggrin.gif

Thank you everyone for participating. :)

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page