Mothering Forum banner

vacuum for industrial carpet reccomendations?

601 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  theresa1 
#1 ·
My husband needs a new vacuum for his office. The carpet is the super low industrial kind. Every vacuum we've used in the past, even on the lowest pile settings, doesn't seem to do a very good job. A lot of time it just kicks the dirt back. Anyone know of a good vacuum that would work for that kind of carpet? Would a cannister vac work better? He's alway gotten uprights.

#2 ·
He took our vacuum from home this morning to use. He just IM'd me and said its working great and he's keeping it!
rolleyes.gif
So now I need to get a new one for home. What I had was a eureka the boss smart vac (bagged). I liked it ok but it was heavy and the hose recently cracked. I duct taped it. I was mad though cause it wasn't very old. I have bad luck with vacuums. OK, so I've never used a cansiter vac. What is good about them? I'm wondering if I'd like one. I use the hose attachments a lot on whatever vacuum I get. I'd prefer something easy to carry up and down stairs. Any suggestions?

#3 ·
we just got this:

Refurbished Eureka R4870G Boss Upright Vacuum

I might be thr same as what you had. only used it 2x but works well so far, is so inexpensive for the features it has, and has a sealed system and hepa filter. It is a bit heavy but I am used to a canister which is light because you are not pushing the motor as you go. I hope it lasts...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.