need some serious help finding a cool gift for a 3 years old girl. - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: need a ORIGINAL AND CHEAP gift for a 3 years old girl
, 0 0%
/ 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-09-2011, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My niece is turning 3 and she has everything under the sky......I would like to make her something or do something with her instead of spending big money on something she will get lost in all her toys.I'm running out of time her birthday is the 14 of April.Thanks to everybody who has a suggestion!!!

happy familykid.gif bb 03/2010 and bfolderchild.gif andbabyf.gif due12/12/2012.cd.gif

#2 of 5 Old 04-09-2011, 10:25 AM

When DD2 was born my In-laws came out to visit. They took DD1 (almost 3 at the time)  for a ride on the commuter rail and she nearly blew a gasket she was so excited!  They only went maybe 3 stops, got off and got an ice cream and then rode the train home again.  

Your location says central Ma, so you might be able to take her for a ride on the Worcester or Fitchburg lines and it would only be the cost of your ticket and parking.  A little research would find a cute diner or restaurant for lunch at a nearby stop.

DD1 is almost 5 now and the ILs have continued to take her on the train when they come out to visit. She still loves it and has great stories :)

Pregnant and/or Breastfeeding since 2005
Mama to two girls: 5/06 and 3/09
#3 of 5 Old 04-09-2011, 12:21 PM

Aww.. Too bad you didn't post this sooner.  Disney Princess on Ice are at the DCU center in Worcester this weekend.  There are still tickets available for the 2 shows tomorrow (Sun) but it would be really short notice.  That would have been a great gift and something fun to do together!

Maybe you could take her to a kids movie?  I know there is a theater near me that does kids showings (it's not as dark, and the volume isn't as loud as a regular movie)

#4 of 5 Old 04-09-2011, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

I really like your idea . I like that it creates memories.thanks

happy familykid.gif bb 03/2010 and bfolderchild.gif andbabyf.gif due12/12/2012.cd.gif

#5 of 5 Old 04-09-2011, 06:43 PM

I am also a fan of experiential gifts for little ones.  For my DD's third bday we planned to take her to an observation deck in a skyscraper in our city and then to a winter holiday parade (her bday is in Dec).  However, our plans were thwarted by 17 inches of snow.  :)

Librarian, Blogger, Book Reviewer, Mama

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page