Melaleuca Products? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-29-2011, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does anyone here use these?  A friend of mine has just started selling these and I'm curious.  I'm not sure that I believe all that they say they are.  Just because something says that they are "green" doesn't necessarily make it so.  Call me a skeptic.  I wondered if anyone has any experience.

#2 of 6 Old 04-29-2011, 09:48 PM

The thing I hate about Melaleuca is that the people who sell it always try to recruit more people to come sell it.  I RUN from MLM and similar schemes!  The products are decent enough, I've heard, but in many cases I think you'd do just as well making your own or buying off the shelf.

#3 of 6 Old 04-30-2011, 05:09 AM - Thread Starter

That is exactly what bothered me.

#4 of 6 Old 05-01-2011, 06:33 AM

You can save a ton of money making your own cleaners that are much more "green" than Melaleuca.  Their products smell so strong especially the bathroom cleaner.  I felt like I needed a gas mask when I cleaned my bathroom.  I don't think their products are very "green" at all. 

Hope, check out my life at http://thethriftyqueenspeaks.com

#5 of 6 Old 05-13-2011, 03:55 PM

My mother is has very extreme environmental illness and literally cannot use 99% of cleaning products on the market.  She is deathly sensitive to chemicals and perfumes.  And she has used Melaleuca for about 15 years now, almost exclusively.  

I think that they have changed their formulations in the last several years and they aren't as natural or green as they once were - I don't think she can use their cleaners or their laundry det. anymore.  She does use their shampoo, deoderant, soaps, toothpaste, etc with no trouble at all.  

Having grown up using the stuff, I just know the smell is just too much for me.  Give me an unscented soap anyday!  And I make almost all my own cleaners - less money and less packaging.  

The things I would buy are their first aid creams etc, and their lip balms are nice!

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#6 of 6 Old 05-13-2011, 04:10 PM

We like their Diamond-Brite (dishwasher detergent), Sol-u-Guard (a thyme based disinfectant), Tough & Tender (general purpose cleaner), Mela Magic (heavier duty version of Tough & Tender, great for floors, patio furniture, etc.), and Sol-u-Mel for getting stains off of leather (it's a general purpose item that can be used for about a billion and one things apparently. DH and DD1 like the toothpaste. DD2 is much younger and the toothpaste would be too strong for her as it's adult strength with the mint flavouring, but I won't use the kids toothpaste for her as it had some sort of artificial sugar in it. Grrrr.

I don't use their shampoos, body soaps, lip balm, face creams, lotions or anything like that as they use ingredients that I won't use on my body. I don't see their body/face stuff as any better than what you'd pick up at the local drug store. 

And we don't sell it...ever; it's not my style. My mom and I signed up together on some sort of consumer plan and we just buy a certain amount of products monthly and we get the discount for doing that. She buys one month, I buy the next. We both use the Florify Probiotics supplement which is one of the best probiotic supplements I've used, so we go through 2 bottles of that per month in each of our families so with that and cleaning stuff occasionally it's easy to meet the monthly point requirements.

Tofie ~ mama to DD1, DD2 and Pookie v3 debuting December 2011
Oh my God....women are the COWS of PEOPLE!! --Reese, Malcolm in the Middle

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page