Curtain Help - How many panels do I need? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-04-2011, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have 4 windows in a row.  Each your standard double pane 28" wide window.  Between each window is about an 8 inch piece of molding.  I am looking at curtain panels and I could get 4, one for each window.  I guess let them hang between the windows and on the ends.  Not exactly sure how to set it up.  Or I could get 2 very wide panels.  Each would cover 2 windows and hang on either side of the row of windows.  What do you think?

#2 of 5 Old 05-04-2011, 09:37 AM

Curtain panels are typically about 28 inches, so you would need 2 per window as you want them to drape nicely with folds eve n when closed. You may be able to get away with six, but it depends on how you are setting up the rods (1, 2, or 4).

Apparently doing it rong and ruining it for everyone, but I don't give a crap anymorebanana.gif

#3 of 5 Old 05-04-2011, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

There is already one very long rod over them all with one holder that stops rings right in the middle.  The panels I am looking at are 50 inches wide or 100 inches wide.  The curtains would not be pulled back by anything, but just hang so we can easily pull open and shut.  They are long panels that will hit the floor.

#4 of 5 Old 05-04-2011, 01:58 PM

I would go with 1 panel per. It makes getting light in feasible. I have a huge picture window w 1 panel over it and when we pull the curtain back it blocks almost the entire first fourth of the window, and gets in the way. W 1 panel each, you can just scrunch it up between windows w/o much difficulty.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#5 of 5 Old 05-04-2011, 07:37 PM

If you're going to do one on each end and in between each pair, you'll need 5 panels, not 4 (unless I've missed something).

If ~ represents curtains and [_] represents windows, it'd look a bit like this:

~[_]~[_]~[_]~[_]~

And that's perfectly fine. In our house curtains are just for looks anyhow; we use blinds for privacy and light filtering.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page