Do you have an air purifier/ filter in your home? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-04-2011, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think my kids are developing allergies, me too, and I need to buy one. The one we've had is shot, it was like $80 at target. We can't afford to spend a lot but need something that works well.

What brand, model, etc do you have? Are you happy with it? Do you have temporary or permanent filters?

Any other advice also welcomed and appreciated! Thanks!

#2 of 5 Old 05-05-2011, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter

Any one?  I want to buy one tonight and I want to be a little more educated than just aware of what's on the shelf.  Mainly looking for other's experience.

#3 of 5 Old 05-05-2011, 06:10 AM

We have this one:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_302653-89154-IAP-10-150_4294936861_4294937087_?productId=3031734&Ns=p_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_quantity_sold|1&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl_Air%2BPurifiers%2BFilters_4294936861_4294937087_%3FNs%3Dp_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr%7C0%7C%7Cp_product_quantity_sold%7C1

It is amazing! We weren't even in the market for one, but I won it randomly. We set it up in our bedroom and it does a terrific job of catching dust, cat hair, and whatever else was flying around. I had no idea how sniffly and sneezy we were until after we had the purifier running for a few days. The difference was really incredible.

#4 of 5 Old 05-05-2011, 03:38 PM

We use and sell Austin Air Purifiers. They are considered mid priced ($300-$500) but have a 5 year filter, are easy to care for and do an excellent job of cleaning the air. I live where fires tend to burn in the summer and I always get bad sinus infections - one year was really bad due to lightening strikes, I stayed inside with my Austin Airs running and made it through healthy.

Talia Rose - mountain mama to Grace and Xack::  h20homebirth.gif :homeschool.gif  goorganic.jpgwhale.gifchicken3.gif

www.organicgrace.com Products Healthier for Humans and Gentler on the Earth

#5 of 5 Old 05-07-2011, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the replies!  the reviews on the first one were great! I didn't end up buying one the other day because we are tighter on cash than I thought, but anyway. don't think we can manage $300 but $150 is do-able

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page