Please help with us with H2O filtration! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-10-2011, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We share a well with our neighbor. Our water comes from his cistern and he recently told us that the cistern had been leaking so he lined with a swimming pool liner!!!!

I had been using bottled water for drinking and some cooking but now I am really freaked put. My kids bathe in that water. Does anyone know what could be leaching into the water? It smells like a pool, I assume it tastes like plastic as well. What filter can help with with chemicals like this? I can start buying RO water for now, we are talking about digging up the water lines, re-attaching our cistern and haul our own water but I think it would make more sense to invest in a house filter.

Any help, input is greatly appreciated!

SAHM to dd 12/07, ds 12/10, 4 dogs, 3 cats and happy partner to Matttreehugger.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2011, 10:32 AM

I would find a place to get it tested.  That would ease your mind a little and be better prepared for what you're dealing with.  You can get a whole house filter.

Wendy - mom to dd1(11), dd2(7), dd3(3)
Old 05-16-2011, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

The neighbor told us that they had the well tested a few years back and other than an "acceptable" range of uranium all was good. My concern lies with what chemicals are leaching from the pool liner and can a regular filter screen out BPA or what ever is giving the water that plastic pool taste and smell. I would like to keep all the minerals that come from a mountain well but will sacrifice them if need be.

SAHM to dd 12/07, ds 12/10, 4 dogs, 3 cats and happy partner to Matttreehugger.gif

User Tag List