I NEED wall color ideas!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-27-2011, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DH and I are re-doing our bedroom.  Currently, we have a brown duvet and our walls are a peachy color.  We are going to change things up a bit and buy this set this weekend: http://www.target.com/Springmaid-Indigo-Trellis-Comforter-Set/dp/B004M92AS0/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&searchView=list&keywords=springmaid&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-13&qid=1306503931&rh=subjectbin%3A1041482&searchRank=target104545&id=Springmaid%20Indigo%20Trellis%20Comforter%20Set&node=1038576%7C1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576%7C1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

But I'm stuck on what color the walls should be? I'd really like to give it a fresh look and I'm tired of the peach.  So what do you recommend?  I'm open to anything!!!  Also, our furniture is dark brown/walnut color. 

The first color that came to my mind would be yellow but a majority of our house is already that color - maybe go a shade or two lighter? 

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 05-27-2011, 12:45 PM

Some kind of green - anything from bright grassy green to something softer would give you a brigher, still crisp look.  

Yellow would look good too - I agree, but it's nice to have something different if you have it elsewhere, so I get that. 

The right blue (light blue, cooler side - like a robin egg or sky blue) would work nicely with blue/white bedding and dark brown furnishings.  Toss in yellows/oranges/reds as accents.

#3 of 8 Old 05-27-2011, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkimum View Post

Some kind of green - anything from bright grassy green to something softer would give you a brigher, still crisp look.  

Yellow would look good too - I agree, but it's nice to have something different if you have it elsewhere, so I get that. 

The right blue (light blue, cooler side - like a robin egg or sky blue) would work nicely with blue/white bedding and dark brown furnishings.  Toss in yellows/oranges/reds as accents.

Awesome.  Thanks for the ideas, mama!! :)  Another person suggested the green color, too - like a lime green but not too bright. 

#4 of 8 Old 05-27-2011, 01:25 PM

Pashmina by Benjamin Moore is one of my favorite wall colors. I always thought it would look beautiful with navy blue and dark furniture :) 

"Our truest opinions are not the ones we have never changed, but those to which we have most often returned."-Diderot
#5 of 8 Old 05-27-2011, 06:02 PM

I consider navy to be kind of a neutral. There aren't many colors that don't look good with it.

#6 of 8 Old 05-28-2011, 07:25 AM

Because orange is opposite the color wheel from blue, a coral color would be really pretty with the navy and white bedspread.  Like this:

Coral + Navy.jpg

Hope, check out my life at http://thethriftyqueenspeaks.com

#7 of 8 Old 05-31-2011, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftyqueen View Post

Because orange is opposite the color wheel from blue, a coral color would be really pretty with the navy and white bedspread.  Like this:

Coral + Navy.jpg

I didn't get the exact bedspread that I posted but instead a quilt with a very similiar pattern and that pretty blue color.  It's amazing how much of a differene the new quilt has made in our room and I'm actually starting to LIKE the peach again.  It's not as loud as it was with the brown duvet cover.  I think we just had too much brown in our room ( I even took down the brown valances and just kept the white wood blinds up - that made a difference, too ).  But I would like to eventually get some nice throw pillows or just make my own. You've given me some great inspiration, mamas!

#8 of 8 Old 06-06-2011, 06:43 PM

Oh good!  I am glad you are liking the wall color.  It is amazing what the right color combinations together can do to a space!

Hope, check out my life at http://thethriftyqueenspeaks.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page