Poor air quality causing health problems?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-17-2011, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I need some help figuring out if it's my house that is making me feel sick. We are renting and have been in this house since August 2009. Since we moved in I have felt tired and fatigued and have had sinus issues on and off and feel achy at times and nauseous with burning eyes and nose. These are the issues we have had with the house:

master bathroom has black mildew spots on the ceiling and under the wallpaper...landlord insists it is not black mold but mildew.

my symptoms have gotten worse in the past month since we have turned on the ac (has not been cleaned since 09) we are waiting for service next week

we have several insect problems...moths, cave crickets, spiders and now carpet beetles

anyway...does it sound like I should have the air quality evaluated or just move ;)?

J- mama to E (8/08) and C (11/10)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2011, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelynmia'smom View Post

I need some help figuring out if it's my house that is making me feel sick. We are renting and have been in this house since August 2009. Since we moved in I have felt tired and fatigued and have had sinus issues on and off and feel achy at times and nauseous with burning eyes and nose. These are the issues we have had with the house:

master bathroom has black mildew spots on the ceiling and under the wallpaper...landlord insists it is not black mold but mildew.

my symptoms have gotten worse in the past month since we have turned on the ac (has not been cleaned since 09) we are waiting for service next week

we have several insect problems...moths, cave crickets, spiders and now carpet beetles

anyway...does it sound like I should have the air quality evaluated or just move wink1.gif?

Absolutely it is black mold. If it was not, you would not be sick. Move asap, and report the landlord.
Meanwhile, turn off the AC, and open all the windows.

I am not a vegetable. I feed myself accordingly love.gif

User Tag List