convection toaster oven - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-21-2011, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

we're looking to replace our toaster oven (since my hubby scorched ours pretty badly by falling asleep when he was cooking a late night snack irked.gif; good thing i was home or there might have been a fire!).

anyway.  almost all of the models out there nowadays are convection.  in toaster mode, does this dry out the bread?  my parents' convection toaster oven dried out the bread so badly while toasting that they had to buy a separate toaster but i don't know if that was because of the brand/model they have or if that's what happens with the convection. 

any thoughts?

wife to dh, mama to dd1   june 2007, dd2 march 2009 and dd3 april 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2011, 09:10 PM

We have one and it doesn't really dry out the bread, but it has to be watched very carefully.  I've burned a lot of toast in ours b/c I've set it on the timer and walked away.  Now, I just try to stay in the kitchen when the bread is toasting so that I can keep an eye on how crisp it gets.  That said, we didn't really get it to replace our toaster (though I did end up getting rid of the toaster after we got it), but to have a quicker baking appliance since we don't have a microwave.  I like it for reheating leftovers and baking casseroles.  But, when all is said and done, if I had it all to do over again I wouldn't have gotten it.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

thanks!  we also got rid of our microwave but we don't have a separate toaster and i really don't want to get one; i'm trying to streamline my kitchen, not add more clutter!

wife to dh, mama to dd1   june 2007, dd2 march 2009 and dd3 april 2011

User Tag List