Seltzer water w/ limited or no packaging? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-23-2011, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey, so I've become enamored of late of drinking seltzer water. As a recipe side note, I make concentrated herbal berry tea (raspberry zinger from celestial seasonings is a perennial fave) And then mix 1 part tea to like 8 parts seltzer water. Delish! And calorie free!

Anyway, I go through at least a 2 liter a day of seltzer water (packaged just like a 2 liter of soda). Plastic. Yuck. And so much of it (1 or more bottles a day!). Not to mention im paying for water, which is stupid. But plain water (not carbonated) is not going to cut it. And I'm SO much healthier now that im drinking so much water. Feeling better than I have in a long time, so I want to keep this going.

How can I have my "tea soda" and drink it too? Any feasible home carbonation suggestions? Short of getting a big CO2 tank situation ( which may be doable in the winter, but we are currently living in a camper, so that sounds kinda big...) or maybe that's not so scary...? I'm open to ideas, because recycling is also not easy where I live, and I dont want all that plastic in the landfill on my account, ykwim?

TIA!

K: high school teacher and mama to DS1 (7/07), loss (10/10) and DS2 (7/12). Married to my best friend and soon to be elementary school teacher!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2011, 04:12 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

How about a soda maker.  These are very popular where I live.  I have seen them at a number of people's houses.  It is a counter top device, smaller than a coffee pot comes with reusable CO2 cartridges.  

Something like this:  http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&biw=1016&bih=746&q=seltzer+maker&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=15463962907802716021&sa=X&ei=be8rTvuRGIzs-ga65IztDQ&sqi=2&ved=0CCUQ8gIwAA

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

Old 07-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have a Soda Stream and we love it.  

User Tag List