Does Anyone Have a Pacific Rim Crib? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-27-2011, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm looking at buying a Pacific Rim crib, but they are soooo expensive so I am hoping to get some feedback from others who have one before I buy it.  The company we are looking at buying it from, The Organic Nest, does not allow returns so I want to be sure we will like it. 

If you have one, are you able to sidecar this crib fairly easily?

Were you happy with how it was made/held up?

Do you know if you can leave it unfinished or do you have a suggestion for a safe natural finish? 

Thanks in advance!

#2 of 8 Old 07-27-2011, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I  Love our pacific rim crib! It is beautiful! We have it sidecarred and it works just fine! We have a bumper and some pillows in between the gap between the crib and the bed. I am not sure about the finish- we didn;t put anything on it- it is a natural kind of dark golden finish but it looks finished to me- it is truly lovely and IMO so worth it- we actually first got a graco crib and then returned it- if you can fford it I would absolutely recommend it!!

#3 of 8 Old 07-30-2011, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you Snapdragon!  Anyone else?

#4 of 8 Old 08-19-2011, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We bought one 3 years ago and have been very happy.  While we did have it up next to our bed for some time, we didn't officially sidecar it...but I imagine it would work well.  DS is using it as a toddler bed now, but we will be converting it back to a crib in a couple months for baby #2.  I think it's available unfinished, but we opted for the beeswax/tung oil finish (I believe that was the combo) and it's beautiful.

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#5 of 8 Old 08-24-2011, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you Not telling!  I went to order it, and apparently with some new rules, they are not in production at the moment, but should be soon.  Hopefully soon enough for baby.... I'm waiting it out I guess for now. 

#6 of 8 Old 05-25-2012, 02:27 PM

I actually bought my second one recently from www.maplegrace.com They just went back into production.  I had one for my first two and did not think I was having a third so sold it.  They are great.  Very well made and a healthy choice of crib.  I would recommend it!  Also I am not sure if Maple Grace takes returns on the Pacific Rim crib but I was very pleased with their customer service!

#7 of 8 Old 05-28-2012, 11:03 AM

We offer 10% off Pacific Rim Cribs with the code "mothering"......

Talia Rose - mountain mama to Grace and Xack::  h20homebirth.gif :homeschool.gif  goorganic.jpgwhale.gifchicken3.gif

www.organicgrace.com Products Healthier for Humans and Gentler on the Earth

#8 of 8 Old 06-03-2012, 08:35 AM

And they are now in stock for immediate shipping!

Talia Rose - mountain mama to Grace and Xack::  h20homebirth.gif :homeschool.gif  goorganic.jpgwhale.gifchicken3.gif

www.organicgrace.com Products Healthier for Humans and Gentler on the Earth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page