whole house water filtration - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-12-2011, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

what are my options? preferably something removeable since we rent and would like to be able to take with us when we move. I was lookingat RO but i want somethong for bathing/showering and teeth brushing--so--does a whole house filtration system exist? how about an easy, cost effective one?

#2 of 4 Old 08-13-2011, 08:19 AM

Yes, there are different types of whole house filters. We used to have one that uses filters, but my husband recently got one that doesn't take filters, and instead you have to empty a container periodically. He says that it's much more efficient, and since he's a plumber, I believe him. wink1.gif

I can get the brand name/more info when he gets home. I do know that it doesn't take up much space and is easy to install and remove, but it's still something that you would want a plumber to do for you. And you might still want to run it past your landlord. I don't know about costs, either, since we didn't have to pay for it, but I can get an idea of the price from him, too.

ribboncesarean.gif 2/4/2009.  hbac.gif 9/6/2011!

#3 of 4 Old 08-19-2011, 07:12 PM

I would love to hear folks' experience with whole house filters.  I saw this one on Mercola's site but at this point I don't know enough to critique anything!

http://waterfilters.mercola.com/

Zia+Lane+Sonora=Mi Vida Loca! :
#4 of 4 Old 08-21-2011, 10:27 AM

I finally had a chance to ask my husband about the filters. Here's what they are:

http://www.freshwatersystems.com/p-2692-rusco-spin-down-filter-ss-screen-34-fpt.aspx

Instead of replacing a filter, when it gets fulls, you put a bucket or something underneath it and turn that red valve to empty it.

My husband recommends figuring out what's in your water that you want filtered out, and going from there. For example, we have a lot of iron in our water, which is pretty large sediment, so this type of filter works well for us.

ribboncesarean.gif 2/4/2009.  hbac.gif 9/6/2011!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page