Appliance Garage Substitute - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-13-2011, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Is there anything that functions like an appliance garage that you can buy without altering your existing cabinets? I'm looking for one to house my toaster and toaster oven more attractively.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#2 of 5 Old 09-13-2011, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have the opposite problem, LOL!  I have an appliance garage that I hate, since I tend to just shove things in there to get them out of sight.  And we have limited counter space, which it hogs.  Should I send it to you when I rip it out??  lol.gif

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#3 of 5 Old 09-13-2011, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

I haven't seen anything like that. But what about sewing up some cute fabric covers? I sewed up a simple box cover for my sewing machine since it sits out on a work desk in our living room. Or if you don't sew, I bet you could buy one on Etsy or something. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#4 of 5 Old 09-15-2011, 06:18 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I have a fabric cover over my toaster.

My Mom and my best friend both keep their toasters in a cupboard - Mom does it because she doesn't like clutter; friend does it because her counter space is at a premium.

If the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

#5 of 5 Old 09-16-2011, 01:53 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I cleared out a cupboard and use that.  Keeps the counter free and clear and my kitchen tidier.  

When I was a kid, we had a breadbox that we kept the toaster in.  Bread was kept in the fridge and the toaster in the breadbox.  It was a quirky arrangement, but worked just fine.  

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page