|View Poll Results: If you rented a home and then found old mothballs under the couch, you were pregnant and had a two y|
|Move out! Moth Ball toxicity sticks around in everything forever!||0||0%|
|Clean everything, air out, put out cups of coffee grounds and baking soda, run an ionizer, and keep living there.||7||100.00%|
|Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll|
I need to rent a place for the duration of my pregnancy for myself and my 2 year old son. I need to be close to my family right now while DP stays and works back home. We found the perfect little garden place, good price, great location, great yard. I thought I could smell a faint moth ball smell and finally found them under the couch in a plastic bag. The odor (the toxic fumes) are hard to get rid of. I am currently trying the coffee grounds, ionizer, baking soda, etc. But I don't know if the space will be safe after all of this, since my understanding is that the pesticides stay in furniture, rugs, etc. The woman we are renting from has apologized a million times. She had no idea they were poisonous. She said she'd put them there about a year ago. I need to make a decision quick and move back out of I need to. What would you do?!?
Writer/Designer/Hip Hippie Russian Mama to T (3yo) and K(4mo)