eco friendly equivalent of weeble wobble treehouse/village? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-03-2011, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know this is kind of a silly question, but I've perused all the toy sites and cannot find anything, so I thought I'd throw it out to the mamas here.  My daughter really adores playing with the weeble wobble village thing at my parents' house, but we have tried to phase all plastics possible out of our home.  She doesn't have a single plastic toy.  Plus, she goes to my parents' enough (they live 10 minutes away) that it makes sense to leave it there, because it really helps keep her out of trouble in their very unbabyproofed home.

So I was wondering if there was something comparable made of wood?  I've seen the click-clack ball roller thing that is outrageously priced, but I think she likes all the little doors and doohickeys to flip open and shut, and the slides and chutes for the weeble wobbles.  Plus she loves that it plays music, but I know I won't find anything that plays music.

Any suggestions?

#2 of 8 Old 11-04-2011, 09:15 AM

this is very expensive, but would something like this work?

http://www.finewoodentoys.com/product/1132

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

#3 of 8 Old 11-04-2011, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks!  I've had my eye on those ball track things - haba makes a few and there's one by Wonderworld.  So far, they are the closest things I can find.  I've been a big fan of the finewoodentoys website for some time now!  Love their stuff!

thanks again

#4 of 8 Old 11-16-2011, 11:12 AM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

We have the Haba ball track and kids love it. The nice thing is that if you keep the box, you can resell easily on craigslist or give it as a very nice baby shower gift. No visible wear after two years of use. . At 2, she prefer this one http://www.eurotoyshop.com/Toys/SE-1580/Selecta-Spielzeug/Variola-ball-and-track-system.html  so you might consider something somiliar  And now we have their biggest version too. I'd rather buy less and better and then sell it or give it away and have it still delighting a child in a few years.

Also, here is a small inexpensive one: http://www.amazon.com/EverEarth-30942-Maxim-Everearth-Junior/dp/B00279IZP4/ref=sr_1_9?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1321470599&sr=1-9

I avoid plastic too but I make an exception for legos which are safe, made in Europe, and high qualtiy. You might get some duplo blocks with a few tunnels and doors. You can pick up lots on ebay easily.

#5 of 8 Old 11-16-2011, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

thank you so much!  That selecta one is amazing!  So much more exciting then the other ball track ones - I like that you can do it in different variations!  I think I might suck up the price and get it for her!  It's exactly what I was looking for!  Thanks!

#6 of 8 Old 11-16-2011, 12:46 PM

We have the cheap race car one and my DD totally loves it! The cars are REALLY small though.

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#7 of 8 Old 11-16-2011, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

yeah that was my concern about the cars - maybe we'll wait a little longer on that one

sadly, Selecta hasn't been sold in the US since 2008, so I can't find the ball track anywhere :(

#8 of 8 Old 12-12-2011, 02:12 PM

I'm not sure if you are looking for a Treehouse or Ball track, but here are a few options

http://organicgrace.com/node/1152

http://organicgrace.com/node/938

Both of which are 10% off with the code HOLIDAY10

Talia Rose - mountain mama to Grace and Xack::  h20homebirth.gif :homeschool.gif  goorganic.jpgwhale.gifchicken3.gif

www.organicgrace.com Products Healthier for Humans and Gentler on the Earth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page