Unique Holiday Gift Bags Hold Your Favorite Treats
The holidays are just around the corner and we all want to give those teachers, bus drivers, friends and neighbors gifts that are delicious and useful at the same time. LunchSkins reusable sandwich and snack bags filled with your homemade treats make the perfect gift! They’re a simple gift to put together and have a unique presentation. We like to think that the stylish packaging is the gift and the treats inside are just a sweet little bonus. With many styles and sizes to choose from, there’s a chic and earth-friendly gift idea for everyone on your list.
Our favorite treats to fill LunchSkins:
Enjoy the following recipe as a gift from The LunchSkins Family.
1/4 cup salt
1.5 cups sugar
1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground clove
2 tablespoons cayenne
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
2 large bags of pecans and/or cashews (approx. 1.5 lb.)
1 teaspoon salt
1. Combine all spice mix ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Make Simple Syrup by combining 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water in a medium saucepan. Heat at medium high heat and stir constantly until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and pour simple syrup into a large bowl. Add nuts to bowl and stir to coat nuts completely with syrup.
3. Add 1/4 cup of spice mix to nuts and toss to coat well.
4. Spread nuts in a large cookie sheet and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes (stir nuts around several times while cooking). Remove and allow cooling. Enjoy!
Warmest wishes to you and your family from ours,
The LunchSkins Family
|15 members and 8,211 guests|
|Alini , coconotcoco , Emcarson , happy_smile , justchanti , katelove , Michele123 , moominmamma , oaksie68 , RosemaryV , rubelin , sciencemum , shantimama|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|