Advice on organic mattress pad & sheets - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-12-2011, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm super excited that later this week we will have a new king size all natural latex mattress!  Since we will have this very nice, and expensive mattress, I want to make sure it is protected.

I'm planning to get organic sheets, but I am not sure what to do about a mattress pad.  Organic sheets for a king bed are expensive, and so are organic mattress pads of all types.  Is it pointless to get a great mattress and organic sheets and put a conventional mattress pad in the middle?

I asked for an organic wool crib size puddle for Christmas, so I can use that under the baby, but I am thinking I should get something to protect the entire mattress.  

I'm going to go ahead and order the sheets and take a little more time to figure out what to do about the mattress pad (and keep blankets or something under the baby in the meantime!), so any advice or input is appreciated!

Married to DH partners.gif since 2007. Mommy to babyboy.gif 7/2011.  We bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 02:51 PM

We got the wool puddle pad for our mattress because our daughter slept with us and we wanted better moisture protection than the cotton pad offered. I also like the qualities of wool, anti-bacterial and keeps you dry at night as well as repels dust mites, so that works still for us now that she is in her own bed. But if you like to wash often, cotton may be a better bet. Wool does not need constant washing due to its anti-bacterial properties.....

We are having a 10% off sale on our website (HOLIDAY10) but I can give you (and any other Mothering Mamas) 20% off any Coyuchi sheets or mattress pads, and I'd even do 20% off on a wool puddle pad, if you put "20% off as per Talia" in the notes at checkout. We'd adjust your invoice before charging your credit card.

Talia Rose - mountain mama to Grace and Xack::  h20homebirth.gif :homeschool.gif  goorganic.jpgwhale.gifchicken3.gif

www.organicgrace.com Products Healthier for Humans and Gentler on the Earth

Old 12-12-2011, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!  I already ordered the sheets last night before I saw your reply, but I'm looking into the puddle pad for the whole bed!

Married to DH partners.gif since 2007. Mommy to babyboy.gif 7/2011.  We bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif.

Tags
Mindful Home
User Tag List