What do you do with clothes that you've worn and are still clean,, but you don't want to wear the same outfit two days in a row? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-18-2011, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I tend to end up with many different pieces of clothes on the chair in my bedroom. I usually wear denim mini-skirts over leggings, but here and there I'll wear other kinds of skirts. I'll wear them once, then put them on the chair at night, and they then stay there sometimes for a really long time. Should I just wash them, or put them back in the closet? What do or would you do?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 02:45 PM

For me, if it's clean enough to re-wear, it's clean enough to go back in the drawer/hung up again.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I hang stuff up in the closet.  It airs it out!

DD1 6/2009 DD2 5/1/2013-5/5/2013 (HIE) DS 3/2014
Old 12-19-2011, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I generally leave it out overnight to air out then revisit in the morning whether it's re-wearable. Sometimes if we've gone out to eat, I won't notice til the next day that the smell of the restaurant is in my clothes. ICK

Old 12-19-2011, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I usually leave clothes out for one night, or sometimes two if I'm really busy. I will then put it on a hanger in the closet which has some peppermint and sage oil it it so all of my clothes smells good after sitting in it even if it wasn't the freshist on the way in.

be good family...

Old 12-24-2011, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I put things back in the closet or shelf if they are not dirty enough to wash. I do lots of laundry tho and I don't want to add more to it! DH tneds to throw all his clothes on the floor- dirty and clean! I sometimes get caught up in the business of chasing my toddler around and leave things on the floor but we also have baskets so I sometimes throw the clean clothes in baskets- and then at the end of every day I try to put away all the clean laundry plus things that have been worn but are still clean, and pick up dh's clothes off the floor and sort them!

Old 01-01-2012, 10:35 PM

I just leave them on the bedside chair until they are worn again, or if I want to tidy up the room I put them on a specific shelf in the closet for "in-between" laundry. I don't necessarily hang it up with the other clean items, though.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:07 PM

We have a chair right next to our closet and that is usually where items get put until I decide to re-wear them.

wash.gifMommy to my little Nugget bouncy.gifribboncesarean.gif 

144/2014 items decluttered   2/52 projects completed

Old 02-02-2012, 07:54 AM

We have a big problem with that! I have tried telling my husband that if it's clean enough to wear again, it's clean enough to hang and put in closet. I try to lead by example and make sure he knows I re-hang my clothes in the closet. I will move the other clothes aside so these have some air space.

Historically we've been a draping family. When we drape clothes for future wearing over a chair or the suitcases that still haven't been put back in the attic, they collect. And it gets bad. By then everything is wrinkled and from lack of air movement, they smell slightly un-fresh.

I've put one of those plastic hanging things with notches for a few hangers over his closet door in hope that he will hang his barely worn clothes there since he has a mental block or something about putting them back in the closet. Mental block can be translated into sheer laziness. We're getting there I hope!

Old 02-03-2012, 08:58 AM

I keep my clean clothing in my drawers, wardrobes or closet; my clean-enough-to-wear-again clothes on a separate hook inside the closet, and dirty clothes are sorted into the appropriate hamper for washing.  I don't tend to wear things even two days in a row, because I am always getting into something kind of grimy (like splattering greasy water on myself washing dishes), or being covered in daughter's bodily fluids.

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

Tags
Mindful Home
User Tag List