Where to buy an organic mattress online? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-03-2012, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have experience with buying an organic mattress online? We know about Organic Grace and Lifekind, but we don't know which has better mattresses or how to choose. We're looking for a queen size fairly firm mattress if anyone has any specific suggestions. Thank you!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#2 of 8 Old 07-03-2012, 05:11 PM

My friend owns this business and they make the mattresses themselves. Also make futons. Lots of integrity. I'm sure you could call and talk to them and answer your questions. 

Sachi Organics

http://www.sachiorganics.com/

Good luck!

#3 of 8 Old 07-04-2012, 05:02 AM

Hi Escher,

Essentia is another option. www.myessentia.com

We invented a natural latex foam than has all the pressure relief of memory foam. See how latex compares to memory foam.

Other very good brand i would recommend is Savvy Rest.

#4 of 8 Old 07-04-2012, 07:07 AM

Hi there escher, I'm not sure if you're based in the U.S or U.K, but if you're based in the UK you may like to check out our website www.buyorganics.co.uk.  We produce our organic mattresses and futons in the UK and in Germany and have over 20 years experience in their making. All our products are 100% toxin free and eco friendly and organic with no hidden materials or chemicals. Our delivery is free for orders over £100 and we have some great offers on at the moment due to the London Olympics! 

We'd love to help you, so check us out even if you'd just like some advice on what type of organic mattress would be the right one for you, no pressure, just here to help!

#5 of 8 Old 07-04-2012, 10:13 AM

Essentia makes polyurethane base memory foam covered with Kevlar, which is please with plastic fibers and can be cancerous. We have 100% organic and fully customizable mattresses from Obasan. I have the firmness I want on my side and same thing for my partner. The mattresses are fully certified organic and are all made by hand. Very luxurious. Www.obasan.ca
#6 of 8 Old 07-05-2012, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

It is great to hear from lots of people selling mattresses (and thanks for the suggestion, Peggy), but is there anyone who has actually personally bought an organic mattress online?

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#7 of 8 Old 07-05-2012, 01:04 PM

Yes, I have! 

A few years ago I bought a natural latex, wool topped and organic cotton wrapped children's mattress (crib/toddler size) from Dax online.  I was very happy with the mattress quality and had no problems with the company.  At the time it did take a while to get the mattress - like 3-4 weeks or so I think? - because they were at least then made to order.  Hubby and I ended up buying something similar for ourselves locally, but if we didn't have a store like that, I'd definitely buy from them again (at that time, our local store didn't carry the size we wanted, which is why we bought online).

This is them:

http://www.daxstores.com/organic-mattresses.html

They are expensive but super nice and worth the money!  HTH

mama to two sweet girliesdust.gifhearts.gifrainbow1284.gif 
#8 of 8 Old 07-08-2012, 08:14 PM

As retailers of organic bedding products including both adult and juvenile mattresses we would not recommend buying a mattress online unless you can speak to somebody in person.  It is important for your retailer to understand what you need in a mattress.  An organic mattress can cost you anywhere from $1,900 and up for a Queen size mattress and you spend 1/3 of your life on it.  A good organic mattress retailer takes pride in their products and would want you to have a mattress that is right for you, especially if you are purchasing from a store in which you can't touch and lay on the mattress.  You don't have to call our store, but I do recommend that you work through either an actual store or an online retailer in which you can talk to an honest person who wants to help you.  Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for. 

Tags
Mindful Home

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page