DBF's dad is headbutting with me on how to do dishes. So, how do you do them? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 09-04-2012, 07:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Love the big sink idea!!

How about a foot pedal for turning the water on for rinsing, so it doesn't have to run..

Oh, bad idea with kids who would waste water playing with it.

How about a sensor that turns on the water when you put something under the faucet. I believe those really exist. That would rinse well and conserve water. You could offer to pay for it. Just an idea.

Edited for typo correction.
#32 of 32 Old 09-18-2012, 10:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C is for Cookie View Post

Hmm... That got me thinking of getting a dish cloth of some sort. DBF's dad bought me some "natural, environmentally green" sponges to support my "crunchiness". lol.  But I do think the dish clothes would be cleaner. 

I love using a washcloth.  IMO, they stay sudsier longer.  Plus, they are SO much easier to clean.  I have about a MILLION washcloths that I rotate.  They sell ones now, I've seen them at both Walmart and Target, that have a layer of scrubby mesh sewn to one side of the washcloth.  I use those a lot, and they work really well.  :) 

There are days I will use more than one washcloth b/c I refuse to let them sit between meals and grow bacteria (same concept as a sponge IMO), so as soon as I'm done with a load of dishes I will put the washcloth in the laundry room to be washed, and I grab a clean one the next time I need to wash a load. 

Kara - Homeschooling mom to Greyson (13), three lazy cats, two hyper dogs, and 11 crazy chickens.  Loving our life on 5 acres in the middle of nowhere.  TTC #2 for over 12 years.  Soon to be a stand-in mom for foster babies!
http://talesofatransplantedcitygirl.wordpress.com

Tags
Mindful Home

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page