One rug twice in the same room? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-08-2012, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a large rug in my living room that I really like, and so am thinking about getting the same rug again for the other end of that same room. However looking online I keep finding people advising against doing this, they say to never have the same rug twice in the same room but to use a completely different one.

I really like the one rug we have and it was a great price too, so I just want to ask here and see if anyone has advice about this or has done this in their own home themselves, did it look okay or not? What do you think?

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

#2 of 5 Old 10-09-2012, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

If you like the rug go for it! There is a trend for rooms to not be decorated to be too "matchy matchy" with everything obviously being from the same set. So the advice to not have the same rugs is the same as not having a couch that matches a chair. It can look very nice and neat to have the same upholstery and rugs. You can have variety in other things like throw pillows. Or not. The eclectic look is just more "in style" but it's also harder to pull off and can look cluttered easily.

Mom to unschooling 4everboy since 8/01
#3 of 5 Old 10-10-2012, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yeah, another trend is layering different rugs. I say, you like the rug, so go for it. There will be a sense of continuity in the room with two of the same.

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
#4 of 5 Old 10-16-2012, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

We have hardwood floors, with rugs in the living room and dining room (at opposite ends of the house, but the same flooring). I love the rug in the dining room, and wish I had another one just like it for the living room!

If the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

#5 of 5 Old 10-16-2012, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have the same rugs in our large living room, but they don't have any pattern (just jute rugs) . In our family room we have a large patterned rug with a smaller identical one. The rugs are for warmth on our hardwoods are not meant to be focal points in our house so I like keeping them the same.

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

Tags
Mindful Home

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page