who should replace bathroom fan? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-10-2013, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are putting our house on the market in March. It's in great shape except for mold on our bathroom ceiling.

A friend's husband, a carpenter, had a look at it and poked around the attic. His advice was to get the bathroom professionally repainted and have the fan replaced. I didn't think to ask Who should replace the fan? And now he and his wife are out of the country for a long trip. Don't want to pester him! ( he did mention that he didn't have any contractor referrals to give these days - he works on his own)

I'm not finding clear answers using Mr Google. I've seen some DIY advice, but we're not handy people! So, should I find an electrician? A plumber? A handyperson? A general contractor?

Also, we want to replace our ugly sink with a pretty pedestal type. Again, a DIY project for many, but not for us. shake.gif

So I guess, we'd want someone to do both. Does it sound like contractor time?

I have an (irrational?) dread of dealing with contractors.

Thanks

Mama to my daughter born in February 2011.
#2 of 3 Old 02-11-2013, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Try asking your agent.

Fans are pretty easy. The painter should be able to do it.

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
#3 of 3 Old 03-20-2013, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A handyperson could do all of those things. Change/upgrade fan, paint and change pedestal sink.

If you cannot get any referals for a handyperson then go for a general contractor.

Homestars.com is a pretty good website for those of us with fears of contractors. They are local people that are rated by customers. May end up paying a bit more money, but know that it is better work as you can find the best and worst of your neighbourhood.

Me 40 eat.gif. Partner to mamacolleen 33 superhero.gif. DD born July 2009 blahblah.gif. Twin boys born Nov 2012.

We are a family that loves cold.giftreehugger.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Tags
Mindful Home

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page