Apt complex sprays by our patio... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-01-2013, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

...how do I work with this?  

We live on the ground floor and have a nice-sized concrete patio.  Just past the railing is the apartment complex landscaping that they spray with something at least every week.  I'm not sure what they spray but I've seen them with the hose right up by our patio railing.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of the spray wafted a couple inches onto our patio.  I had visions of growing some herbs on the patio, and my dd playing out there (she is not yet mobile, but will be soon), but I'm not sure how to make it safe for either one.  

First of all, if I grow culinary herbs, they wouldn't be technically organic  if they come in contact with whatever is being sprayed, right?

As far as my dd playing on the patio, I was thinking maybe I could hose it down every week after the landscaping is sprayed.  But then I don't know if that would make much of a difference.

Wife to my best friend, mama to DD (6/29/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2013, 12:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

first, call the landscaping company and ask about the chem. Once you know what the stuff is, you'll have a way better idea of what to do about it. The landscaper will be able to tell you which days they are scheduled to come, so technically you could bring the herbs indoors to avoid the nonsense if you know when it's coming.

HTH

Tags
Mindful Home
User Tag List