Trampoline - Mothering Forums
The Mindful Home > Trampoline
Toolip's Avatar Toolip 09:28 AM 03-12-2013
I don't know if this is the proper place for this question.....

I'm in the market for a new trampoline, of the large variety, 10-12 feet, I think. I know they are not "safe" but I'm not looking to be talked out of getting a replacement. The trampoline that we have is the same one that we had when I was a kid, and it has been in constant use for probably about 17 years! It was one that my parents got at Costco and apparently it was made to last.

It's been losing springs now and it really seems like it's time to replace it.

I don't want to get a really nice one, I know those can run in the thousands.

I'm just looking for descent, inexpensive replacement, from anywhere but Walmart.

I would buy one of the cheap ones but I just can't tell if they are total garbage that will fall apart after a year. Zulily has them occasionally, but they look like they may fall into that category. I've seen that you can order them from Sears too, anyone have experience with those?

Links to specific trampolines would be awesome!!

Thank you so much!!

KayleeZoo's Avatar KayleeZoo 03:21 PM 03-12-2013

I'd go with another one from Costco. We've had ours 8+ years and live in the desert Southwest where the UV eats EVERYTHING- plastic play structures, wooden playhouses, etc. We have had to replace the netting/enclosure a few times because of the UV, but the tramp has held up beautifully. I've looked at them elsewhere, and the quality is just really poor on all the ones except for the ones that Costco sells, IMO.

justmama's Avatar justmama 04:29 PM 03-12-2013

Just another thumbs up for trampolines.  I hope you find a good quality replacement.  We've had ours for 4 years and we love it.  It gets used on a near daily basis.  Knock wood but we've never had an injury aside from somebody getting knocked over or fallen on and crying for a minute.  Trampolines are awesome.

Toolip's Avatar Toolip 05:31 PM 03-12-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleeZoo View Post

I'd go with another one from Costco. We've had ours 8+ years and live in the desert Southwest where the UV eats EVERYTHING- plastic play structures, wooden playhouses, etc. We have had to replace the netting/enclosure a few times because of the UV, but the tramp has held up beautifully. I've looked at them elsewhere, and the quality is just really poor on all the ones except for the ones that Costco sells, IMO.

I would buy another one from Costco in a heartbeat but they don't carry them anymore as far as I can tell, I haven't seen them there in YEARS. Have you seen them at your costco? Maybe it's a regional thing. I'm willing to travel!
Tags: Mindful Home
Up