Trampoline - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-12-2013, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't know if this is the proper place for this question.....

I'm in the market for a new trampoline, of the large variety, 10-12 feet, I think. I know they are not "safe" but I'm not looking to be talked out of getting a replacement. The trampoline that we have is the same one that we had when I was a kid, and it has been in constant use for probably about 17 years! It was one that my parents got at Costco and apparently it was made to last.

It's been losing springs now and it really seems like it's time to replace it.

I don't want to get a really nice one, I know those can run in the thousands.

I'm just looking for descent, inexpensive replacement, from anywhere but Walmart.

I would buy one of the cheap ones but I just can't tell if they are total garbage that will fall apart after a year. Zulily has them occasionally, but they look like they may fall into that category. I've seen that you can order them from Sears too, anyone have experience with those?

Links to specific trampolines would be awesome!!

Thank you so much!!
#2 of 4 Old 03-12-2013, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'd go with another one from Costco. We've had ours 8+ years and live in the desert Southwest where the UV eats EVERYTHING- plastic play structures, wooden playhouses, etc. We have had to replace the netting/enclosure a few times because of the UV, but the tramp has held up beautifully. I've looked at them elsewhere, and the quality is just really poor on all the ones except for the ones that Costco sells, IMO.

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#3 of 4 Old 03-12-2013, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Just another thumbs up for trampolines.  I hope you find a good quality replacement.  We've had ours for 4 years and we love it.  It gets used on a near daily basis.  Knock wood but we've never had an injury aside from somebody getting knocked over or fallen on and crying for a minute.  Trampolines are awesome.

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#4 of 4 Old 03-12-2013, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleeZoo View Post

I'd go with another one from Costco. We've had ours 8+ years and live in the desert Southwest where the UV eats EVERYTHING- plastic play structures, wooden playhouses, etc. We have had to replace the netting/enclosure a few times because of the UV, but the tramp has held up beautifully. I've looked at them elsewhere, and the quality is just really poor on all the ones except for the ones that Costco sells, IMO.

I would buy another one from Costco in a heartbeat but they don't carry them anymore as far as I can tell, I haven't seen them there in YEARS. Have you seen them at your costco? Maybe it's a regional thing. I'm willing to travel!

Tags
Mindful Home

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page