Mothering Forum banner

Earth Day Giveaway: Enter to Win a Special Earth Inspired Collection from Barefoot Books!!

5K views 149 replies 111 participants last post by  NurseMomX4 
#1 ·
This giveaway has ended. Thanks to everyone who took part and to Barefoot Books for the great prizes!

The randomly chosen winners are NurseMomX4, Jennie00409 and mistymoral. Congrats!! You have been contacted by PM through your Mothering account.

If you didn't win you can still grab up some awesome items from Barefoot Books with a 20% off coupon until the end of May!! Use code "Mothering" at checkout.

---

Earth Day is April 22nd and we're giving away some awesome earth inspired collections from Barefoot Books to celebrate!

Special Offer:

Barefoot Books has a huge collection of books and other educational items to help you enjoy learning about our beautiful planet with your little ones--as well as many other wonderful selections. You can browse their huge award winning collection in their shop. Plus, until the end of May, Barefoot Books is offering Mothering members 20% off anything in their shop! Use code "mothering" at checkout!

The Prize:

Three individual winners will be randomly chosen from the entries in this giveaway to win all three of these wonderful selections from Barefoot Books!

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

My Mama Earth

Watch the wonder experienced by a small child journeying through the world and round the day taking in the many magnificent aspects of nature. This imaginative and lyrical picture book showcases the love between a mother and child, celebrating the ever-changing beauty of the natural world along the way.

Kids' Garden Card Deck

Get outside and grow with some child-friendly fun with gardening! Kids' Garden includes forty activities and games and an eight-page booklet that contains information on gardening tools, year-round plant care and garden safety. These step-by-step instructions are enhanced by colorful collage artwork and create a fun and easy way for budding green-thumbs to plant, investigate, learn and experiment.

The Barefoot Book of Earth Tales

Learn how different cultures around the world set out to live in harmony with the natural world in this popular anthology, now in paperback. The seven folk tales are each followed by a hands-on activity that promotes green living and reinforces the eco-messages of the stories. Gold Nautilus Book Award Winner.

To Enter:

"Like" Barefoot Books and Mothering on Facebook and then respond to this thread by telling us about a green change you've made in your life that is different than what you experienced as a child. For instance, maybe you recycle, eat more whole foods, use cloth diapers, or take your kids on more nature walks. Whatever it is, we want to hear about it!

For a Second Entry:

Share this giveaway with friends and leave a second response letting us know that you did!

Important Note:

If you do not use Facebook and cannot complete the "like" requirement for entry you can visit the Barefoot Books site instead and tell us which of their books appeals to you the most. Mention it along with your green living response. To enter you will need to be a member of Mothering so that we can contact you if you win. If you are not you can sign up for free here, login, and then come back to this thread to enter.

Rules:

Three winners will be randomly drawn from all responses. Giveaway ends Tues, April 23 and the winners will be announced and contacted on April 24th. By entering this giveaway you agree that you have read and understand the contest rules.

See less See more
#5 ·
We eat mainly organic, I cook from scratch and use cloth diapers...but that is also what my mum did. I have been keeping chickens so my daughter can see the cycle of weeds and scraps to feed chickens, eggs from chickens, then cleaning the coop and using as fertilizer on the veggie garden.

#7 ·
Been a fan on facebook of Barefoot Books and Mothering for years. Been eating organic since my 20s and purchase locally grown produce from the farmer's market. Our family has just changed our eating lifestyle to plant-based since Dec '12. And we use natural products for our home wherever possible.

I miss Mothering magazine and hope that it returns as electronic magazines are now more accessible and popular due to tablets.

#13 ·
shared on facebook!

emailed link to fellow earth mama's :)

Like both pages on Facebook.

we live like 'hippys' and love it!

no-poo. all home made cleaning and beauty products

cloth diaper

compost

water birth

starting doula cerification

ferment my foods :)

brew kombucha like a mad scientist!

These story books will be loved and well used in our home <3

#14 ·
Instead of disposables, I use cloth diapers and make my own nursing pads. I try to use natural products whenever possible, like baking soda and vinegar for cleaning. We also enjoy a diet rich in whole foods and receive a box of produce from a CSA once a week.

#15 ·
My family used cloth diapers while my child was in that stage. I make a lot of our meals from scratch and mainly eat whole foods. Last year, we joined a CSA. This year, we started our own garden and compost. We shop at the farmers market when time allows. We constantly recycle. We also try to use natural cleaning products whenever possible.

#16 ·
Cloth diapers is by far the thing I would have never thought I would have done as a child. Eating organics and staying away from processed foods is something that was always a priority in our home growing up. We grew most of the veggies we ate, but my mom didn't use cloth diapers and no one in my family did. I didn't really even know how far they had come until I was pregnant with my first.

#23 ·
Our family of four lives in a yurt, without many of the daily conveniences. We have a composting outhouse and recently built our water system by tapping a spring close by. It has yet to make it's way to the yurt, but soon we will have running water! (We've lived this way for almost 4 years). Our kids are experiencing a different way of life, and we hope they have a better understanding of their resources when they are older.

Thanks for doing this give away, we love Barefoot Books!

#26 ·
I like both on Facebook! We use Earth-friendly household cleaners in our home. When I was a kid, my mom used bleach on everything! We also make a point to conserve energy and water, drive as little as possible, recycle, reduce, and reuse...all little things that I hope make a big difference!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.