Indulgent vent: household pet peeves - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-03-2013, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)

I mean the stuff that causes a disproportionate amount of angst bordering on irrationality (OK, possibly beyond that!)

Compost bucket piling up?  That's irritating, but no biggie.

Breakfast dishes left on the table?  I wish I wish..... but I can cope.

Chicken poo tracked in?  I am remain rational.

Shoes and socks left in random places?  Oh wait, those are mine...:p

Oh, but lord help me if food is left in the sink.  Carrot peels left in the sink (definitely NOT me), strainers left full off food, or worse, not trapped in those and WASHED DOWN THE DRAIN (I actually am the one who insists on the mesh strainer).  I'm a housekeeper, and my absolute least favorite thing to do is fish food bits out of the drain.  And I have never, ever like any bits of food drifting around the dishwater.  My dishwasher has a grinder and it drives me nuts because they are not designed to be emptied (next time, next dishwasher, I'm getting one with a basket!)

GAH!

Thankfully, dh has finally left the mesh strainer in the drain instead of washing food bits down when I'm not looking.  It took a major disagreement about crossing the lines with cycling the chickens through the veggie garden (and dh was pissed) for him to realize that he does things in direct defiance of my wishes, and he stopped doing things like this behind my back (even though it borders on irrational).  

Why this bugs me to such a degree, I have no idea.  It might be rooted in something reasonable, but my feelings about it go far, far beyond that.  

I suppose this is my way of coping and letting off some steam!  So, please, indulge yourself and vent away.  I'd be interested in what odd things knock you off your rocker without reason.

HappyHappyMommy likes this.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#2 of 5 Old 10-06-2013, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Mine is when my DP brings the mail in and doesn't recycle the junk mail! I know in the grand scheme of things it's not big deal, but it drives me batty! :energy

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 5 Old 10-07-2013, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Open cabinet doors. Seriously. You opened it. Close it!

Twin boys (2/05) and little sister (10/07)
#4 of 5 Old 10-07-2013, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

After 20 years, we have very defined household duties.  One of DH's job is trash management.

Growing up, my chore was to empty the kitchen trash can once a day whether it was full or not.  Organic matter was composted and our trash can was actually pretty small.  I learned it is far easier to deal with a little versus a lot.

DH spends 5x the time and 10x the energy trying to jam stuff into the trash can instead of simply lifting the bag out and taking out the trash.  Lord help us if I am the one that takes the bag out and it rips or leaks because he has engaged in his trash antics.   Honestly, I see red.

Mom to DS, born fall 05 after ,,, wife/best friend to DH We have
#5 of 5 Old 10-07-2013, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Pajama View Post

Open cabinet doors. Seriously. You opened it. Close it!

I am so bad at this!  But new house=open shelving.  I hate working and having to forever open and close doors.  I like the visual serenity of "out of sight", but not the reality.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."

Tags
Mindful Home

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page