What do you do with Holiday photocards? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-17-2014, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Do you get them? They seem to be the majority of the holiday cards we receive now. We get quite a few photo-cards, some of family and many of old college friends and their offspring. Do you hang onto them? Scrapbook them? Toss them in the recycling? I've gotten where I'm fine with recycling regular cards that are just signed and don't have a personal message, but the photo-cards are giving me pause. What do you do with the ones you get?

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
#2 of 5 Old 01-17-2014, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I do usually save them but I don't have an organized way of keeping them. I have a basket where I keep cards I have received that I want to save. I toss them in there. I suppose I should come up with a better system. smile.gif I do the same thing with pictures of my niece and nephews from years past.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 5 Old 01-18-2014, 02:41 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I decorate with mine at Christmas and just keep adding to the collection. 

Wife, mom of 3, obsessed with photography, crafting and blogging http://annleaartsy.blogspot.com/
#4 of 5 Old 01-18-2014, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

My DH wants to toss them, but I just have a hard time throwing away photos. So far I've just been stashing them while he grumbles.

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
#5 of 5 Old 01-18-2014, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)

I keep the photos on the fridge, sometimes until the next Christmas and recycle them, then I put up new ones.  

I used to want to save them, but I recently went through all my parents' stuff after my dad died and they had hung on to so much stuff that was essentially meaningless to me, including photos of friends, colleagues and distant cousin's grandkids.  When I am in doubt as to whether I want to keep something, I think of whether it will be meaningful to my kids when I die.  That sounds funny writing about Christmas photo cards, but I guess my dad's death made me rather morbid when it comes to stuff like this.  The regular cards I let the gils keep and do as they will and eventually they get recycled.

swede likes this.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."

Tags
Mindful Home

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page