Mothering Forum banner

Laminated cotton for sofa slipcover?

Tags
pul slipcover
864 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sierramtngirl 
#1 ·
Hi girls! Haven't been on here for a while!! I have a white slip covered sofa and I'm really getting sick of bringing it to the laundromat as it won't fit into my washer. I was thinking of buying some PUL or similar laminated material and making slipcovers from that but it doesn't seem like slipcovers are done in those materials. There is no mention of doing that on the internet. I only see that it's used for smaller projects. Why? Is it so much more expensive than cotton canvas which is what my slipcovers are now? Would it be hard to sew in that large of a piece? I would want to edge it with piping, would that be possible?
I'd use some stain guard on reg. fabric but I heard it doesn't work that well and don't want leather or microfabric.

#2 ·
It is expensive, I bought fabric for a 48x 72 inch tablecloth & is was well over $100. I also had a hard time finding a piece big enough (seems like everyone has lots of small remnants)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.