A little help here., please.... - Mothering Forums

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mylie

#1 of 3 Old 07-28-2015, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Angry A little help here., please....

I clean, I don't leave dirty dishes and food laying around and I still find the odd water bug in my place. My apartment has water heat and I've requested that they do something, such as seal up the walls around the rads and pipes and they won't, saying that I shouldn't be having an issue with bugs.
Okay, so it's not a huge issue I'm having. I see an insect now and then. But when I do my deep cleaning I find "traces" of the bugs and sometimes a live one. Just this morning I was washing my kitchen floor and I found a dang silverfish hiding under my hard drive. (It's a dinosaur of a hard drive.) A live one. UGH!!
I use Pinesol now to clean my floors. I just sprayed Raid on my rads and all the gaping holes in the walls where the pipes are. My air conditioner was leaking, too, and now it doesn't even work. The maintence people were supposed to come fix it earlier this month and they never showed up. It wasn't even the first time I requested these repairs.
*Sigh*. This there any other ways I can keep water bugs, specifically, silverfish away for the time being?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-28-2015, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
I think these come up through the drain, especially in hot weather. Try putting a rubber stopper in the drains when you aren't using them.

(Also, while I completely understand why you did it, using bug sprays indoors can be harmful. Stuff rags in the cracks instead of spraying, perhaps?)
#3 of 3 Old 07-28-2015, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Years ago I was having a bit of the same issue in an apartment...I had those silverfish and water wiggs...It was so gross and I couldnt get maintence in there to save my life...I finally had enough and did some diys I plugged holes with caulk, put stoppers in drains and actually found openings in the linen closet that went under my tub!! I got flat wood pieces and nailed them over the openings...I dont know which did it but my problem went away
pumabearclan likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page