Re-usable grocery/general purpose bags - Mothering Forums
The Mindful Home > Re-usable grocery/general purpose bags
lula's Avatar lula 10:28 PM 05-14-2005
Hello!

My grocery bag stash was stolen. (in my bag that was lifted) I had these cloth bags with handles we use as grocery/all-purpose type bags. They were great but I recieved them as gifts and have no idea where they were from. (no markings and just a care tag)

What do you use? Where can I purchase a product like this? I would like to do it on-line if possible...I must admit the handles were not that comfy so if I could upgrade that, I would be pleased.

Thanks.

lula

meco's Avatar meco 10:30 PM 05-14-2005
www.ecobags.com has a bunch. There might be a co-op in MDC Co-ops and Swaps now. Check that out.

I use the string market bags from eco bags, but mine were $3 cheaper at my local co-op than on the site. Check your HSF.
lula's Avatar lula 10:34 PM 05-14-2005
Wow, that was quick....off to do searching....thank-you!
chersolly's Avatar chersolly 11:37 AM 05-15-2005
Check Ebay. A while back I purchased a dozen canvas bags for a steal.
jessicafairy's Avatar jessicafairy 11:59 AM 05-15-2005
Check the co-op/swap board on the TP. A group was getting together to do a co-op for grocery bags.
Carolinamidwife's Avatar Carolinamidwife 12:20 PM 05-15-2005
I got several bags from Whole Foods but they were not all that cheap. I found really good deals on canvas bags at Michael's craft store. They were in the aisle of stuff you can paint or embellish yourself, I think I paid $2.50 a piece and they are big and very sturdy with velcro handles.
KyleAnn's Avatar KyleAnn 09:04 PM 05-19-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena
I got several bags from Whole Foods but they were not all that cheap. I found really good deals on canvas bags at Michael's craft store. They were in the aisle of stuff you can paint or embellish yourself, I think I paid $2.50 a piece and they are big and very sturdy with velcro handles.
Chiming in late here..... , but Yes! to the bags from Michaels!
I picked up several of these recently for groceries and they are great little cheapie bags. I planned on decorating them with ds as a fun project, which was an added bonus.
Ravin's Avatar Ravin 03:51 PM 05-20-2005
I just buy canvas bags at Goodwill. Depending on the sale day and size they go for $1-3 each.
treehugginmama's Avatar treehugginmama 03:30 PM 05-21-2005
I also have to say Eco bags. They are some great ladies that own it. The bags are very sturdy also.
Up