What to do with all these dress-up clothes?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-29-2005, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need help figuring out what to do with all our dress up stuff. Right now they are all crammed in a bin, not too accessable. I want to have them out somehow, but NEAT. I am going to put up a big mirror for them and everything

Ideas??

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 06-29-2005, 01:57 AM

Maybe a wooden chest, that way you can pack them up neatly when they're not in use. I've seen some plain, unfinished small chests at Michael's, if you or DC like to paint, that might be a fun project, too.

Also, in the preschool class where I used to volunteer, they had a nifty wooden rack. It had a mirror on one side, and a wooden bar to hang dress-up clothes on hangers. If you want, I can try to find the company they ordered it from.

HTH
#3 of 7 Old 07-18-2005, 08:40 PM

Hi Laurie

I have a pretty good system for our dress-up area. I hot-glued a bunch of clothespins to the wall in a rown behind a toy box. On the 'hooks' go all the outfits (vet, princess, ballet costumes, tux, aprons) and in the box I have purses, jewelry, shoes and neckties. I also have a standing coat rack for hats.

HTH
#4 of 7 Old 07-19-2005, 09:11 AM

We have a bunch of pegs in one corner of their play area and I hang all of the clothes up. When they're in a bin the kids are less likely to use them--it's like their minds get jumbled with all of the jumbled clothes.

Homesteading Mama to homeschoolin' kiddos London (10) ; Alexander (8) :; Holden (5) :; and Sergei born at home 8/18/08
#5 of 7 Old 07-23-2005, 03:56 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the ideas!! I think I will put up pegs for the costumes, clothespins (I love that idea) for the hats and scarves, and a shelf or bin of some sort for the "accessories" like cameras and binoculars. Plus a big mirror to admire themselves. I can't wait!

#6 of 7 Old 07-26-2005, 08:30 AM

I made a little closet out of a wardrobe box from a moving company (I got it when the new neighbors moved in). I cut off enough of the front so the kids could see in it, yet left enough to maintain structural integrity. I also cut off the top. I papered it with Contact paper that coordinates with the room it's in. It still has the metal hanging bar in it from the movers, so they hang most of the stuff in it. I also put hooks on the outside for purses, etc.

Advantage: we can move it around as needed.
#7 of 7 Old 07-29-2005, 05:37 PM

When we were little, we had an old suitcase, so we could also pretend we were traveling. True, you had to rifle through to find what you wanted, but that was part of the fun. I always see old suitcases at the thrift store.

Mommy to kids

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page