Window Treatments - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-20-2005, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a terrible home decorator. I have NO ability to see something in a picture or in the package and envision what it will look like in my home.

I have blinds in our front window that are dangerous and I need ideas that are cheap cheap to replace them. We're not staying here or I'd install child safe ones, and we're pretty short on cash anyways.

The window is in 3 sections: 2 21inch on either side of a 57inch middle. The total width across is 108'. It's 54inches tall. My living room is beige, the wood is cherry and the furniture is beige and navy striped. I'm really a plain kinda gal, so I don't go for poufy/frilly/lacy.

I live in a subdivision so the neighbours can see in our front window from theirs and vice versa and I hate that. I also hate not letting any light into our living room because I don't like to turn lights on in the middle of the day.

I was looking at this:Tab Top Panels

But they're either open or shut.. and I'd need 4panels.

or this:

Doubled Tab Top Panels

But the window is so wide that I need 8 panels to double them like the picture, and it's still either open or shut because I can't pull back the top layer due to the window width. Plus I just have a plain white regular curtain rod which will look, well wrong. My sister said I could make one out of a dowel for cheap... has anyone done that before?

I'm lost... I don't want layers on 2different rods because everything I've seen is hideous. I don't sew much, and the above panels are cheaper than sewing anyhow... would the fleece window quilts be easy to make? Cause I was going to have to plastic that window anyhow for the winter...

Now I'm just

Anyone want to offer an opinion?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-20-2005, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How about curtains that go from the bottom of the window part way up. The easiest cheapest way to do this would be fixed panels - you always leave them up.

Basically you would just stretch a piece of fabric across each section of the window. The bottom say, 2/3 of the window would provide privacy. The top would be open so you get plenty of light.

Mom to Kira March 2009

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page