I read that link from J&E's mama above. Very interesting. It's a bacteria? Yucko. I am going to try the peroxide and see what happens. We went and bought a couple big bottles at Costco. I use Soft Scrub with Bleach on my tubs but would like to move away from bleach products. We'll see what happens. Also liked the idea of putting the peroxide in a spray bottle and using it that way - sounds easier to do.
I found out from a friend of mine that used to clean houses for a living that some houses had it and others didn't, and it was impossible to get rid of in the houses that had it. Just luck of the draw, I guess. I know we didn't have it in the house I grew up in, but I have had it in a few apartments I've lived in and now here in our house.