Klean Kanteen or SIGG? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-27-2006, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm trying to decide which of these waterbottles to buy, both for myself and my 4 year old son (who can drink fine from a sports bottle top).

I am leaning towards the KK 12oz. for my son, and a 27oz. KK for me. However, the SIGG bottles are so bright and friendly looking for kids. But I wonder about the coating wearing off, or chipping paint on the outside and it looking all yucky very quickly.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Oh! Also, anyone try the Avent sippy-cup top of on a KK yet? I was thinking of getting one to put away for the baby for when she's older.

Amy ~ SAHM to DS (9) DD (5) and DS (2) And  expecting a  stork-girl.gif  late May 2012!

homebirth.jpg  cd.gif  slingboy.gif  familybed1.gif  winner.jpg  novaxnocirc.gif  goorganic.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2006, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have SIGG's and yes while they ding up my girls simply adore them using them every day.

They don't ding up to badly, my dh suffered a sever blow and just a fleck of paint came off. My dd's have dropped theirs numerous times and no paint damage, just a dings.

I am considering get a sippy KK for my youngest but I dont care for those type of sippy tops.

KK you can freeze a bit of water in

I am considering get myself a KK just for the freezing fact.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:43 PM

KK is stainless steel and Sigg is aluminum. Although they claim safety I would go with stainless as opposed to aluminum, IMO.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:59 PM

I got dd her first SIGG last spring. It still looks great. I do keep a koosie cover (made for a can drink) to help keep it cold and limit the amount of condensation on the side. They do sell "real" covers for SIGG. I personally hate drinking out of a metal container. dd has a new SIGG coming soon in the mail. Her old one is .3L and she always drinks the entire thing and wants more on our outings.

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
Old 08-28-2006, 01:02 PM

The SIGGS are cute, but ours are all dinged up. I don't question the safety, but they are sort of getting yucky looking. I love that KK now has kid sizes. We have both, and the KK hold up really well. They're just not as purty.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 08-28-2006, 01:02 PM

I have a Klean Kanteen and I really like it.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:12 PM

I've had three SIGG bottles break on me this year- two from being dropped about two feet onto a tile floor, and one started leaking after being left in a warm car. (I knew better than to leave it out to freeze, but it never occurred to me that I needed to worry about it bursting in the summer!) They're waaaay too expensive to need to be babied.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:15 PM

i was in a co-op group that started a SIGG co-op and after all the orders were in and communication had been ongoing with them....SIGG decided no more co-ops and refused to honor the wholesale deal with the moms there. since then I have been unwillign to try them. :
Old 08-29-2006, 01:49 AM

I am going with KK. Overall, I have heard better things about them. Plus, I am still concerned about the coating and metal in Siggs

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Old 08-30-2006, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. I just ordered the 12oz. KK for my son and a 27oz.KK for me Can't wait to try them out!

Amy ~ SAHM to DS (9) DD (5) and DS (2) And  expecting a  stork-girl.gif  late May 2012!

homebirth.jpg  cd.gif  slingboy.gif  familybed1.gif  winner.jpg  novaxnocirc.gif  goorganic.jpg

Old 08-30-2006, 09:48 PM

we've got a KK- dh loves it...I want one now, too.

User Tag List