Stray cats 'spraying' our deck. Ugh. - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 01-14-2007, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We've just moved to a new neighborhood into a home that is perfect for us, only to find that there are a couple of stray toms that have been circling our house and spraying. We have two indoor cats, so I get why they're doing it.. just wondering if anyone has had any luck with getting it to stop. Naturally. We've purchased Boundry and started to use it, then realized that its not safe for children. But I've got to put an end to this.. quick! I walk outside to our beautiful wooded backyard only to be overcome with the smell of cat pea. It literally makes me gag.

Help!:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-14-2007, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would get a couple of big jugs of white vinegar and splash it all over the deck to help neutralize the pee - maybe after doing that a few times the cats will stay away. That worked when we had a stray cat spraying our front porch.
#3 of 4 Old 01-14-2007, 11:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't know what you should do - I just wanted to give you some empathy. I had a neighbor's cat that would pee on my front door - literally on the threshold. I used an enzyme cleaner directly on the smell, but there was no way I could get rid of the cat. (I would spray it with water through the screen door, but it happened all the time and I wasn't home.)

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#4 of 4 Old 01-16-2007, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I sprayed Nature's Miracle "just for Cats" on my porch. I buy it at petco and it has a money back guarantee. I love it! I am the owner of a stupid Tom so I use it often. Hope this helps.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page